Quick Instruction - For experts
- Switch on the proxy of your system settings: Enter the protocol types HTTP, HTTPS and FTP
- Check the configuration: http://127.0.0.1:8080/proxyConfiguration
Step-by-Step Instruction - You would like detailed instructions
Settings for Windows
- 1 Open Windows Start Menu / Settings
- 2 Select the category Network & Internet
Dialog Network & Internet
- 3 Select the category Proxy
Section Manual proxy setup
- 4 Activate Use a proxy server
This setting is valid for the protocols http, https and ftp.
Should the proxy not be used with all protocols,follow this description.
NoteIf entries are already available here then you transfer these in the WebAssistant from Surf Set/Protocol/Proxy.
- 6 Activate Don't use the proxy server for local (intranet) addresses
- 7 Click on Save
Please, check this settings now: http://127.0.0.1:8080/proxyConfiguration You need the WebAssistant - Proxy Offline Browser for this check.
We offer you an Chrome extension in addition free of charge.
With this you can manage different proxy-configurations.
You very simply can change between the direct connection to the Internet and the proxy configurations with that.
Then the system settings for Chrome are not used,
but other programs still use the system settings for access to the Internet.
Goto Download ProxySwitch